Wednesday 9 November 2011

They're out!!!!!!!

The first Tricolor tadpole has emerged and seem to be ok I'm so thrilled to finally have a baby frog after all the trials of the last few years and I can see a couple more that should be out any minute. Here's the first little guy or girl having a look about:
 And here is the shelf that was thrown together yesterday ready for the new frogs. There will be 6 tubs in total all approximately the size of a shoe box with double vented lids. The shelf is heated by a single heat strip connected to a thermostat and seems to hold a very comfortable temperature of 24.5°C. The lighting is provided by a single T8 tube, more for my benefit than the frogs.
I'll keep you posted as they grow and I think it will be exciting to see how many more make it to the land successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment