Saturday 25 June 2011

ok so the build so far....

As previously stated the chameleon viv build is coming along nicely and I thought Id post a step by step-ish walk through of how I've done it.
So it starts with a pile of glass all wrapped up nicely...
and after doing the edge work the first pieces glued together are the bottom, the right side and the back as you can see all expertly propped up with junk I had lying around at the time =)

next to be glued was the front channel and lead off to the drain which is situated in the front left corner, this is in place so the tanks can be misted without risk of flooding. All the water should run down the sloped false bottom and out through a fitted bulkhead.
this next shot shows the sloped section of the drainage run-off
after glueing the drainage run off into place the left hand side gets stuck on the top... then I realised I had nothing to prop the glass in place with so here's the answer
after 24 hours to cure we are left with  this all sturdy and sealed.
unfortunately I changed the design shortly before ordering the glass and forgot to order 2 vital pieces that will support the front at the top... doh!!!... will go fetch em over the next couple of days and post a piccy when I'm done

oh and here's a close up of the drainage run off

No comments:

Post a Comment