Tuesday 21 June 2011

Well here it is...

Hi there my names Ben and for a number of years me and my fiancé Kelly have been busy at home and hopefully this blog will give you a glimpse at what we do. We have a number of animals at home here in a quiet spot away from the main roads in Kingskerswell, Devon. All of them are captive bred specimens and we (Kelly and I) have had the pleasure of breeding a few of them ourselves.

I first saw poison dart frogs in captivity at Paignton zoo some time ago now (cant remember when exactly) and was instantly captivated by these 'jungle jewels'. I set about studying as much as I could about them in order to start keeping them at home. After about a years worth of research (and a lot of understanding from Kelly) I went about decorating my first vivarium to house some of these fantastic and very entertaining frogs. I will start by posting and explaining vivarium design techniques used and hopefully get a few photos of the process up as well... but for now here is just a taster....

No comments:

Post a Comment