Tuesday 26 July 2011

Poorly azzie

Unfortunately while rearranging the azureus tank yesterday I noticed this had come up on one of the male azureus:







It is a rather large swelling on his throat where his vocal sack is. it has what looks to be red spots and an abscess on the underside of it. I have taken to see a vet and we have between us come to the conclusion that a baytril/saline solution applied topically to the back of the frog will be the best and safest course of action at this time. 
I hope he gets sorted soon as he has spent a lot of time sitting in water (an obvious indicator there is something wrong with a dart frog) and has gone off his food

EDIT*** ok the treatment has been changed and I have to wait till tomorrow  to get it but it will be a solution that I can bath it in. Apparently the opinion between the vet and another colleague from another practise was that the alcohol in baytril would be an irritant so they have changed to the bath method. I cant remember what is in it but will update.

No comments:

Post a Comment