Sunday 18 September 2011

They've started!!!!!

Ok so its not the greatest feeling in the world when you open up a coconut hut in one of your frog tanks and discover a duff batch of eggs. But it is a pretty good feeling nonetheless. Last night when I got home Chris came over and asked me how often I checked for eggs in the frog tanks, so I thought 'hey lets have a look now'... as it turns out I found this under the first coco hut I lifted:
Now these were under a hut in the new cobalt viv and even though they are duff I'm still thrilled that they have started laying already. These were probably carried back from Hamm and she got rid of them early, I have not heard the male call yet, but they have a call that kind of sounds like a mobile phone vibrating on a coffee table, its barely audible sometimes. Fingers crossed they get it right soon and I can be looking forward to some tadpoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment